What is Brain Longevity?
Brain longevity can be defined as the health of the brain as an individual continues to age. It spans across emotional, physical, and social aspects of brain function. With a variety of imaging tools, it can be assessed accurately with an electroencephalogram (EEG). An EEG scan provides a snapshot of brain function by measuring electrical activity of the neurons in the brain.
What can be assessed from our EEG scan?
- Working speed of the brain
- Brainwave communication & synchronization between frontal, central, and posterior lobes of the brain
- Overall activity of four variations of brainwaves (delta, theta, alpha & beta)
Utilizing our EEG technology allows for a view into the current health of our brain’s function and gives insight on how to set oneself up to take action for healthy brain longevity.
Why is brain longevity important?
The ability to understand your brain function allows the freedom to take charge of your brain health. Over the span of time, a variety of factors can take a toll on brain decreasing brain health longevity.
What are some factors that can decrease brain health?
- Poor sleep health
- Substance misuse
- Psychological disorders
- Brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s
Symptoms of declining brain health may include:
- Brain fog
- Memory issues
- Poor concentration
What are some signs of strong brain health?
- Improved sleep
- Better mood
- Increased emotional stability
- Decreased substance reliance
- Improved concentration